I completely agree we should consider any roadmap a living document that we
expect to revise, but my hope is that we will formalise an agreed roadmap by
vote.  My view is that we should aim to regularly revisit the roadmap, and
anticipate that it will be revised based on contributors' shifting priorities
and pressures.

I think the important thing is that in revising the roadmap we'll again make
explicit trade-offs as a community about what we want to invest in before the
next release.