Process question/discussion. Should tickets that are merged to CEP feature
branches, like  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-18204, have a
fixver of 5.0 on them After merging to the feature branch?

For the SAI CEP which is also using the feature branch method the "reviewed and
merged to feature branch" tickets seem to be given a version of NA.

Not sure that's the best “waiting for cep to merge” version either?  But it
seems better than putting 5.0 on them to me.

Why I’m not keen on 5.0 is because if we cut the release today those tickets
would not be there.

What do other people think?  Is there a better version designation we can use?

On a different project I have in the past made a “version number” in JIRA for
each long running feature branch. Tickets merged to the feature branch got the
epic ticket number as their version, and then it got updated to the “real”
version when the feature branch was merged to trunk.

-Jeremiah