Did running rat generate lots of excess reporting? I see *.plist (from
EOModels) and much showing up in mine. For brevity:

[mrg@odin 11:05:18] ~/Projects/Cayenne-Release/cayenne-4.1.1-src > ./rat.sh
~/Projects/apache-rat-0.14-20200227.222922-86.jar | grep -v "^  AL  " |
grep -v "^  N  " | grep -v "^  B  "| fgrep -v /parser/ | wc
Deleting 'target' dirs...
Deleting 'build' dirs...
Running rat, this may take a while...
Will skip given exclusion '*.plist' due to
java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near
index 0
*.plist
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.fspec' due to
java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near
index 0
*.fspec
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.map.xml' due to
java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near
index 0
*.map.xml
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.graph.xml' due to
java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near
index 0
*.graph.xml
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.driver.xml' due to
java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near
index 0
*.driver.xml
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.html' due to
java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near
index 0
*.html
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.css' due to
java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near
index 0
*.css
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.jceks' due to
java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near
index 0
*.jceks
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.iml' due to
java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near
index 0
*.iml
^
Ignored 0 lines in your exclusion files as comments or empty lines.
    6145   15745  321365

It used to not generate anywhere near that much output for me, including on
the recent 4.2 build.