In case it wasn't known, different Javas create different CM UI artifacts:

https://imgur.com/a/cea5Q7t

For Java 8, there are Dark Mode issues. When I turn Dark Mode off, it looks
almost like my Java 11/14 builds (with the hard-to-read Entity tab), etc.

I'm not sure what the distribution DMG was built with, but when I double
click it (about window says I'm running under Java 17), then the Entity tab
is normal, as well as a few other refinements.