On Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 02:35 AM, Abhinandan Prateek wrote:
> I think if you were wrongly assigned bug that you did not want to work on
> just spit it in the mailing list and you will not be guilty of cookie
> licking.
>
> Given the huge number bugs lets focus on how to reduce that pile instead
> of raking up non issues.

It's not a non-issue. When people see bugs assigned to a person, they're
less likely to go ahead and take it.

I think we need to find a middle path where:

* Everyone is pro-active in reviewing bugs that are in their area, and
not depending on a having bugs assigned before they work on them.

* We don't have a ridiculous number of bugs assigned to people where
they may not get to those bugs for weeks - when someone else might
conceivably work on them, but be put off because they think "Oh, Random
J. Programmer already has that."

* We can assign bugs when it does make sense, without there being an
absolute rule against assigning bugs to people when common sense
dictates otherwise.

* Can we stop talking about cookies unless somebody is going to send me
a few? I like homemade chocolate chip.

Mmmm. Cookies.

Best,

jzb