One thing I'd like to point out, and perhaps its merely subjective, but it
seemed like from initial 4.1 feature freeze to a week or two before the rc
was supposed to be cut there wasn't much action on bug fixing. It wasn't
until the deadlines started becoming imminent that people came back to work
on 4.1. Just something to keep in mind when discussing extending deadlines.