On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org> wrote:
> Devs,
>
> I would like to propose that we turn on notifications for pull requests
> that are made via GitHub. This will ensure that PRs are not "lost between
> the cracks". I believe this integration is already available, and we just
> need to request it.
>
> You do not need to respond if you are in agreement. If there is no response
> in 72 hours, I will assume lazy consensus.
>
> If we reach consensus, I will start the corresponding [VOTE] thread and
> complete the rest of process.
>
> (Please note that when I brought this up originally, the idea had a +1 from
> Prasanna and Rohit. But I do not believe I stated lazy consensus  So I am
> doing this a second time, properly. Sorry about that folks!)
>
> Thanks,

I think, but am not sure, that after the first PR against a github
repo that infra@ sets up forwarding rules so they end up on dev@. (I
do lots of infra git work, but not github work). That said, I see
there has been one, but I don't recall that coming to dev@ [1].
Regardless, my opinion is that there really isn't an option - if we
are going to have a github mirror, we also need to be able to deal
with the pull requests there. Ignoring folks that submit pull requests
is inappropriate.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-cloudstack/pull/1

--David