Ya, I am not sure.  I am working off a master branch from about 2-3 weeks
ago.  I was kind of expecting it to error and it didn't, so it was not
clear how that case would behave.  I am currently developing an integration
with the Palo Alto firewall and they don't support specifying a protocol
like TCP without any port information.  I still have to finalize the logic
associated with that edge case, so I wanted to understand what the expected
behaviour was from that config.