The tenant will have flexibility to select network offering but the admin will
decide what all offerings to provide based on
Capabilities/limitations etc. Let's take the e.g. of VR and PaloAlto as
firewall service provider. Currently the framework
allows certain type of firewall rules which works with VR provider. Now say
PaloAlto is more restrictive and in order to
accommodate it more validations are added in the framework. The use case you
have mentioned above is still broken for
existing networks.

When there are varied external devices, it's a difficult problem to arrive at a
common validation layer. It's possible that
every time a new device is integrated you may find the validations too
restrictive or too flexible.