3. The patch is grabbed from 1.9 branch of ovs.
wget -O - "http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=patch;h=7aaeb9d4e1a9219c48d981230f2738bbdb7abda7"; | patch -p1
4. No network script configuration

(2013/05/30 16:38), Hugo Trippaers wrote:
I've put my installation procedure here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/KVM+with+OpenVSwitch

Please edit and adapt where needed :D

-----Original Message-----
From: Hiroaki KAWAI [mailto:ka...@stratosphere.co.jp]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:37 AM
To: Sheng Yang
Cc: Hugo Trippaers; cloudstack
Subject: Re: Review Request: CLOUDSTACK-2327: make cloud-setup-agent
ovs aware

(2013/05/30 15:56), Sheng Yang wrote:
-snip-
         BTW, I cannot figure out a way to automatically configure OVS on
         Ubuntu
         when booting up. it seems /etc/network/interfaces file doesn't know
         about OVS.

     The syntax is described in
     /usr/share/doc/openvswitch-__switch/README.Debian
     I'm encoutering the boot process issue, too. The master or
     v1.10.0 ovs-vswitchd startup scripts would work because
     it scans the interfaces file for allow-ovs and hooks ifup.
     The version of ovs in ubuntu is v1.9.0 and the script
     does not kick ifup.
     I ported the v1.10.0 init script into running ubuntu,
     then it starting up the interface in boot looks ok.

It's strange that ubuntu 13.04 support openvswitch but not auto
configuration. Do we want to open a ubuntu bug for that?

+1, and/or openvswitch 1.9.0 backporting (as upstream first)

+1