Hey everybody, I've got a couple of questions on cloning VM instances in
CloudStack.  I haven't seen anything in the UI that would allow me to create,
say, 1000 clones of a VM instance in a given cluster.  Is there such
functionality in CloudStack?

If there isn't, can I drop to the hypervisor and create the clones there, then
register all those new VMs in CloudStack?  I haven't found a command in the
REST API that would allow me to register a hypervisor VM with CloudStack.

Would I have to create a template from the VM in the hypervisor, upload the
template to CS, then create an instance out of that template?  Rinse and repeat
1000 times?

I am thinking in terms of a service provider who may have the need to pump out
large quantities of VMs from within CloudStack.

Thoughts?

David La Motta
Technical Marketing Engineer
Citrix Solutions