On 7/2/13 10:22 AM, Daan Hoogland wrote:
On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Sebastien Goasguen<run...@gmail.com>wrote:

To me, codenames are confusing . I'd rather see a clear message like "we
are bumping the release number to version x.y because of this major
featureā€¦." than start talking about a " "gammaray" pre-RC dev release that
will later maybe become x.y but we are not sure."

Sebastien, It would seem to me that '4.2 pre-rc dev release that may later
become 5.0 but we are not sure.' is at the least not less confusing. A 4.2
rc implies that the fact that there will be a 4.2 is set, which is not true
if the number is bumped.

Right, but we should know before cutting a "4.2" branch if it's really going to be 4.2 or not, from looking at JIRA and proposed features

Other then that I agree that the fun of having a gammaray release is rather
thin as justification.

regards,