On 08/14/2013 02:02 PM, Marty Sweet wrote:
Hi guys,

I was planning on making some documentation which explains how to prepare a
Linux VM for template creation (there is a good doc about Windows), what do
you think? My only current issue is how to pick up a hostname from DHCP,
while I have worked out how to do it, I would be intrested to see how the
system vms achieve it and use those scripts rather than reinventing the
wheel.

Don't forget to make sure acpid is installed, otherwise the VM won't respond to a graceful shutdown.

And don't forget the password reset script which should be present to allow password changes.

Wido

Would I be correct in thinking in order to precede I will have to raise a
feature on Jira, then submit the documentation to the review board?

Thanks,
Marty