A worthy cause, and we should all strive for it.  It does put extra
constraints on things like db upgrade scripts however. If ACS is
releasable at all times, can users make their own release and expect
all upgrade paths to work?

I disagreed with you on documentation as a commit criteria in another
thread, David. I do favor (extensive) unit tests as criteria.

Daan