On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM, SuichII, Christopher <
chris.su...@netapp.com> wrote:

> Shiva & Sebastien - What impact would this angular.js project have on UI
> plugins?

It would definitely make it easy and offer cleaner code. I'll try to write
an overview soon. In a brief way :

1. You don't have to write any API calls. They'll be taken care by the
resources modules[0].
2. You don't have to do any DOM manipulation. Angular's directives[1] that
we write will take care of them.
3. There's no 'listView' or 'detailView'. Each plugin can have its own
template(s)[2]. These templates must be very small if directives are used
effectively. 'confirm', 'vm-state-label', 'ng-repeat' are some of the
directives you can see in the template given at the end for example usage.

Every tab that you see on the side nav bar in this UI is a plugin. So you
can checkout any plugin to start with.

Demo is running at http://students.iitmandi.ac.in:20000/ . It is running on
DevCloud. Feel free to play around. Username and password are the default
ones: admin-password.

As far as themes are concerned, I used bootstrap. So there are lots of
bootstrap themes out there which can be easily added to this UI without
worrying about breaking things.

I am yet to add unit tests, add the functionalities to bring at par with
the current UI and clean up the designs. Maybe we could have both the UIs
for some time and then see how things go. If anybody is interested in
joining the further development, please let me know :)

[0]
https://github.com/shivateja/cloudstack-ui/tree/angular-rawapi/static/js/common/resources
[1]
https://github.com/shivateja/cloudstack-ui/tree/angular-rawapi/static/js/common/directives