On 31.12.2013 23:47, Edison Su wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Nux! [mailto:n...@li.nux.ro]
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2013 6:35 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] 3rd round of voting for ASF 4.2.1 RC

On 23.12.2013 05:42, Abhinandan Prateek wrote:
It gives me immense pleasure to inform that the vote to label this ASF
4.2.1 RC as the GA release has been passed with following stats:

Can someone check KVM volume snapshots before declaring this GA? It's
been consistently broken for me in 4.2.1-SNAPSHOT with NFS as well as
GlusterFS shared mount point.
It was working in 4.2.0 afaicr.

In the ACS release(since 4.0), KVM snapshot only works when CLVM is
used as primary storage, otherwise, taking snapshot in KVM will fail,
as there is no formal way to backup snapshot from primary storage to
secondary storage.

Hi Edison,

I remember taking snapshots (backups) with previous versions of 4.x and I never used CLVM, perhaps it was local storage, need to re-check.

Nux!
www.nux.ro