On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have any specific reasoning or need for the
> VPC itself to have a configured contiguous block, rather than just
> assign the /64s the networks?

convenience in configuring the upstream router. The idea is that
everything on the network gets the same ip-space (/56 or /52 or
whatever) whether it is a VPC or an isolated network.

The block broker was Hugo's idea to make working with devcloud
convenient. This way we get lots of playing around and feedback on the
rest of the implementation.
It needs to be optional if our implementation is to be serious in any
kind of bigger business environment.

As to the last points; You are right about their importance. They are
there to signify design considerations, not constraints or
requirements.

in all I think we agree on the general way to go,
Daan