Are we assuming that the Cloud Provider has a Provider-Independent (PI)
space?
Using a Unique Local Address (ULA) space for the VPC *might* to desirable.
If VPC tiers (subnets) can span zones (not possible today), then NAT66 can
help keep addresses stable as workloads move to a different zone for
availability reasons.
But I see that only Ubuntu has support for NAT66.