+1

-----Original Message-----
From: John Kinsella [mailto:j...@stratosec.co]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2014 7:28 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Introducing Gerrit for quality? was: [PROPOSAL] Using
continuous integration to maintain our code quality...

+1 seems like a good idea.

On Jun 6, 2014, at 4:26 PM, Sheng Yang
<sh...@yasker.org<mailto:sh...@yasker.org>> wrote:

Hi all,

Seems it's a good timing to bring back the discussion about the gerrit.

We want to do CI, and improve our code quality. One obvious way of doing and
reduce the workload of devs is introduce a tool to enforce the process.

I've checked out quite a few projects using gerrit, which would force you to
ask for review, and validation before the code can be committed to the repo.
Looks it's really a easier way for devs according what I've heard.

Even our competitor laid out a very detail workflow based on the use of gerrit(
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Gerrit_Workflow ). I guess it can make a good
reference.

Well, gerrit has been brought up a few times before. And now the new process we
want to enforce just fits what gerrit(or other automation review/test/commit
software) is for.

Maybe it's the time for us to review the possibility of using a tool to enforce
our commits and improve our code quality(as well as transfer
knowledge) again?

--Sheng

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 8:28 PM, David Nalley