I think it would be nice, as well, if committers could bypass the process
for trivial changes and - as you say - areas they own or have expertise in,
but we should also have a somewhat clear divide between what qualifies to
bypass the process and what doesn't.

Let's see how much debate this thread generates and then we can talk about
voting on it a bit later - if it sounds like something people are
interested in.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com