I think the core difference between your implementations is that #1 assumes
that BVT/CI will catch 100% of errors, resulting in a stable master branch
with no problems. Or that development changes can be blindly merged if they
pass CI. The goal of git-flow is to allow a stream of development changes
that don't impact the stable release or process, and the process of making
a release is assumed to take a separate effort and cleanup.

The other major benefit that I think is getting missed by having a stable
master branch is an ease with creating hotfixes. Sure, you can branch from
a tag in a development branch, but it feels cleaner to me to branch from
the release branch and then selectively merge back into any other affected
areas.

--

*Nate Gordon*Director of Technology | Appcore - the business of cloud
computing®

Office +1.800.735.7104  |  Direct +1.515.612.7787
nate.gor...@appcore.com  |  www.appcore.com

The information in this message is intended for the named recipients only.
It may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking
of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, do not print it or
disseminate it or its contents. In such event, please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete the e-mail file immediately thereafter. Thank you.