I think that would overcomplicate things and introduce a single point of
failure while not necessarily solving the problem
(RR DNS could still offer the "slow" site to a client).
IMHO leave it as it is and perhaps make people aware that there are mirrors
available so they can advise on the lists and so on.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro