We should give it some more thought as UI side sorting is limited in its
capability in case the data is huge and there is pagination.
There could be some default ordering that API’s implement. On top of it we
could further have UI/javascript level sorting and searching.

> On 18-Dec-2014, at 10:47 pm, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
> wrote:
>
> +1 on GUI-side sorting (ideally it would be nice if we could sort by
> clicking a column header in a table...maybe some reasonable column header
> would be selected by default for each table)
>
> On Thursday, December 18, 2014, Gabor Apati-Nagy <
> gabor.apati-n...@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> My point here is: unless the API supported sorting as a parameter, we
>> should not rely on any expected sorting done by the API. It is really the
>> presentation layer's job to show the results in an order it wants to. So
>> instead of changing the API, I would suggest let's just sort it at UI side.
>>
>> I see why sorting by name would be good in some cases, but if the same
>> names exist in different domains it could easily become confusing. Or it
>> can be even more confusing if someone tries to find something by hierarchy
>> - not knowing it's exact name, but knowing where it should be.
>>
>> As a future feature, there could be a "browse domains" or similar selector
>> where a popup could show them in a searchable grid or similar where users
>> could search by name for instance.
>>
>> So I am +1 for sorting at UI side and -1 for changing to "Name (Path)"
>> format. And +1 for having the same format everywhere.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gabor

CloudStack Software
CloudStack Infrastructure
Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon
its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company
incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company
incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape
Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is
operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company
registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from