Hi,

I was looking into implementing the ability to disable a storage pool for
provisioning. I could think of two ways to do it

1. CloudStack admin could add a 'disabled' tag on the storage pool. The storage
pool allocators would skip the pools for allocating volumes with the 'disabled'
tag.
2. Other option would be to add 'Disabled' as one of the states of storage
pool. This could be a state in addition to "Up", "Maintenance" etc. A storage
pool in "Disabled" state will not be picked up for provisioning volumes. This
would require new apis for disabling/enabling storage pool.

Thoughts, comments?

Regards,
Devdeep