Andrei, we just released 4.4.3 save the release notes and hence the
announcement. Full focus should be on stabalizing and finalizing
4.5.1, now. We didn't discuss going forth with 4.6 yet, though the
topic of release management for 4.6 has passed the dev list. Are there
any concerns you have with the 4.5 release in particular?

The idea of abandoning 4.5 in favour of 4.6 does not appeal to me
much. <hat type="mycompany">We at our shop will probably be skipping
4.5.</hat>. I can not say much on release schedule/dates. I think
making fixed promises makes only sense if we can easily abandon
features that are proven to be unstable. At the moment our release
process doesn't facilitate this. So the answer to your last question
is yes. We are working to move away from this impediment and will
probably vote for fixed short release cycles in the future where fixes
go in 2 to 4 week cycles and features in 2 to 4 month cycles.

Hope you agree. If not, this discussion is still open.

--
Daan