Hi,

With 4.5 there are some restrictions applied to VMs that have VM snapshots.
According to CLOUDSTACK-7688
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-7688> VM snapshot stops
working when the following operations are performed on VM with VM snapshots:

1. Volumes of VM are migrated to other storage
2. Add and remove NIC to/from VM
3. Attach and Detach volume to VM
4. Scale up/down of VM(change service offering)
5. Volume snapshot which is not major use case in this scenario
6. Resize volume
7. Live migration of VM which involves storage migration

Does anyone have more technical details about why this is restricted?

I tried some quick tests with XenServer 6.5 and CS 4.5.1 and I was able to
both revert and take VM snapshots in CloudStack while adding vCPU and NICs
on the hypervisor.

Thanks,

-thinktwo