On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was testing awsapi with 4.5 today and it just did not work for me, after
> few hours I gave up and used ec2stack which worked out of the box and
> certainly felt more friendly to work with. I remembered we discussed removing
> awsapi but then the momentum never precipitated into action, so I spent some
> time today to cleanly remove awsapi and making sure it has a cleanup upgrade
> path and does not break the builds or the packaging. (Also found and fixed a
> debian build issue that someone recently reported, noredist builds being
> broken)
>
> Here is the PR: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/216
> Here is a repo from the branch to prove that package works too:
> http://packages.bhaisaab.org/cloudstack/nukeawsapi
>
> As Sebastien has asked me to hold on this for few days, I hope to merge this
> next week or later; but before that happends please feel free to share any
> comments, questions. Thanks.

I haven't looked at all at the changes or the resulting builds, but in
principle, I agree.
I don't think that anyone is actively maintaining the AWSAPI code .(We
did have a bug fix 6 months ago to address a security issue, but it
looks as if it has set idle for ~2 years otherwise).

Deprecate AWSAPI - make the python based stuff optional. It will
reduce the codebase size tremendously.

--David