Hi,

> On 30-Apr-2015, at 7:43 pm, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We will have to provide a migration path if anybody is actually using it.

The migration path would be documenting the change as part of the release notes
to simply switch from using the consumer URL server_ip:7080/awsapi to setting
up ec2stack and consuming from URL server_ip:5000 (or any other configured
port). Normally service offerings are rather limited compared to other
resources, when setting up ec2stack users can provide the mapping to it or
migrate it to ec2stack using something custom like cloudmonkey+bash.

The important issue to note here is that a lot of real-world awsapi integration
with a user's own subsystems may not follow any convention or be rather
customised other than consumption of service URL and associated
apikey/secretkey, so migration path from our end would mostly consist of
documenting the changes. This upgrade path may also be implemented as a script
or a ec2stack tool that can read cloudbridge database to get useful configs and
service offering mappings. And, there may be some changes that may not be
migrated or supported due to the different AWS API versions both the services
support and one’s own custom usage/implementation.

Regards.

> Biligual auto correct use.  Read at your own risico
> On 30 Apr 2015 19:36, "David Nalley" <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I was testing awsapi with 4.5 today and it just did not work for me,
>> after few hours I gave up and used ec2stack which worked out of the box and
>> certainly felt more friendly to work with. I remembered we discussed
>> removing awsapi but then the momentum never precipitated into action, so I
>> spent some time today to cleanly remove awsapi and making sure it has a
>> cleanup upgrade path and does not break the builds or the packaging. (Also
>> found and fixed a debian build issue that someone recently reported,
>> noredist builds being broken)
>>>
>>> Here is the PR: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/216
>>> Here is a repo from the branch to prove that package works too:
>> http://packages.bhaisaab.org/cloudstack/nukeawsapi
>>>
>>> As Sebastien has asked me to hold on this for few days, I hope to merge
>> this next week or later; but before that happends please feel free to share
>> any comments, questions. Thanks.
>>>

>> I haven't looked at all at the changes or the resulting builds, but in
>> principle, I agree.
>> I don't think that anyone is actively maintaining the AWSAPI code .(We
>> did have a bug fix 6 months ago to address a security issue, but it
>> looks as if it has set idle for ~2 years otherwise).
>>
>> Deprecate AWSAPI - make the python based stuff optional. It will
>> reduce the codebase size tremendously.
>>
>> --David

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com

CloudStack Software
CloudStack Infrastructure
Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon
its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company
incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company
incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape
Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is
operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company
registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from