From: Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com<mailto:paul.an...@shapeblue.com>>
Date: Thursday 28 January 2016 09:29
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>"
<dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: RE: [PROPOSAL] Freeze everything until we get CI

Hi,

I mentioned last week I am working with a few of my colleagues to develop a
repo of the Ansible plays to be able deploy both Marvin and virtualised
environments - (relatively) simply and then run Marvin against that environment.

As I said, we have a load of work to do to get to the bottom of issues, as
currently a large proportion of the 250 Marvin tests fail in my 'early' builds.

Once we triage issues into Marvin build/Marvin Tests/CloudStack Env/CloudStack
Code, we'll be in better shape to see where we are.

Our intention is to not only share our approach and code, but also (with
everyone's blessing) to work to integrate it into the infra that Citrix donated
to Apache and allow anyone to ask this 'communal marvin' to generate a
specified environment and run any of the integration tests against master or
any given PR....

We are actively working on this, but it is going to take a little time....

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com>
Paul Angus
VP Technology   ,       ShapeBlue

d:      +44 203 617 0528 | s: +44 203 603
0540<tel:+44%20203%20617%200528%20|%20s:%20+44%20203%20603%200540>     |
m:      +44 7711 418784<tel:+44%207711%20418784>

e:      paul.an...@shapeblue.com | t:
@cloudyangus<mailto:paul.an...@shapeblue.com%20|%20t:%20@cloudyangus>      |
  w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>

a:      53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden London WC2N 4HS UK

[cid:imagec996fc.png@836cfe96.47bdedb6]

Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services
India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from
Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in
Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd
is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under
license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon
its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error.