Hi Mike,

The idea of introducing a new API: StorageSnapshot for managed storage is
because the VolumeSnapshot default, or expected, behavior is to archive
snapshots into the Secondary Storage. So a StorageSnapshot API would be for
snapshot that remain on the managed storage appliance.

Quickly looking at the API doc and I don't see a strong requirement for
volume snapshots to be moved into secondary storage. So, maybe
StorageSnapshot API is not useful, but both use cases are required. A
snapshot that remain on the managed storage, and another type of snapshot
that end up into the secondary storage. Since you've done a lot of work,
might easier to just add a parameter to the current snapshot API that would
trigger an extraction of the storage snapshot into the secondary storage?

PL

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 9:02 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com