I have merged the following PRs in preparation for RC2:

I am doing a 3rd round of tests on the following PRs since they both showed
the same error on two different CI environments on two consecutive runs:

Any feedback on these last two would be appreciated.  I would like to merge
them before I push the RC2 if possible.

I would like to cut RC2 tonight.

Cheers,

*Will STEVENS*