Github user marcaurele commented on the issue:

    I understand your point of the release, but we're not in an ideal world
where everyone runs the latest version. I try to do my best to look at the
current code in CS to find possible fixes of any bug/problem we encounter or
changes we want to do in our version. I want us to get back to the master
version but that's not the topic here, neither going to happen in the next
weeks.

    The point 2 does not make sense to me. If the management server cannot
determine the state of the VM, it could mark them as stopped (*even though I
don't think it should*). But it should not create a StopVM job, because that
might trigger a proper stop of the VM if the agent is reconnecting while the
job is picked by async job workers.
    If the VM is really down because the host has crashed, then the command is
pointless, and in a customer point of view it would not make a difference. If
the host is still up and fine, but we have a network glitch, then requesting a
stop of the VM is really bad in a customer point of view. By not doing
anything, not requesting a stop, we would end up in a better situation.

    Going back to which state should be set on the VM when the management
server cannot determine it, taking the assumption that the VM is stopped
because the management server cannot reach the agent is as much incorrect as
leaving it as it is (running, migrating, creating...). I'd rather create a new
state `UNKNOWN` for such special case, when the management server does really
not know. In a management point of view it will be also easier to know there
are *ghost* VMs somewhere for which the management server cannot determine the
exact state and proper investigation (*manual*) should be done if the state
stays like this, regarding the billing part too.

---
with INFRA.
---