Github user koushik-das commented on the issue:

    @jburwell The issue that has been reported is on a custom branch, probably
@marcaurele needs to cherry-pick some additional commits from ACS. Master/4.9
doesn't have this issue, so in that way the PR is not needed.

    @marcaurele Please read my last comment again and go through the restart()
method logic in HA manager code.
    >>> If the management server cannot determine the state of the VM, it could
mark them as stopped (even though I don't think it should). But it should not
create a StopVM job, because that might trigger a proper stop of the VM if the
agent is reconnecting while the job is picked by async job workers.
    The above is not correct. If the MS is not able to determine the state of
the VM, it tries fencing off the VM (using the various fencers available). If
VM cannot be fenced off successfully, the state of the VM is left unchanged.
Also if any of the investigators is able to determine the VM state as Down then
only the VM is marked as stopped. Hope that clarifies things.

---
with INFRA.
---