Hi Paul

On 06/29/2017 11:06 AM, Paul Angus wrote:
> Hi,   Mr Grumpy here!
>
> I was looking the commits and I'm seeing commits going in with no Jira Issue
> assigned.
> My understanding is that there must be a Jira ticket for EVERY
> fix/enhancement/feature, so that we have a way to search and track these
> things.
> + Release notes will be impossible to create without a proper Jira history.
> And no one will know what has gone into CloudStack.
>
> I know rules and procedures are a PITA, but we can't let this turn into the
> wild west!

I would say it depends (swiss neutral mindset) :).

Sometimes you'd like to have a full description (high level view) of
what changes are related to which commits.

Sometimes it would be overkill to open a jira ticket for every smaller
enhancement.

E.g.
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/d53dd0a671e635edcefcae332e1b7d428ac7600b
e.g. imho there is no value in a jira ticket for this change.

However, I agree that for everything "changelog" relevant, I would like
to have a jira ticket for.

René