ACS is an Apache project, not a foundation per se; donation goes to Apache.
I know that there is some discussion/work to create a way for donating
things (not just money) to projects, but I do not know how that is going.

I do not think we need to create other foundation and move away from Apache
(because that is what this move would look like....)

But still, I wonder, even if we had a CloudStack foundation, would that
make organizations that rely on it to donate/contribute more actively? Is
that the real problem?

--
Rafael Weingärtner