On 12/07/2017 03:17 PM, Kris Sterckx wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to raise attention to 2 features which are pending 4.11, which
received great appreciation from some of you and which from Nuage
perspective we see great interest to from large operators also. They are :

    - Physical networking migration, or : Migrate networks to a new physical
    network
    Jira : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-10024
    Design doc :

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Physical+Networking+Migration
    PR : https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2259
    - Config Drive support :
    Jira : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9813
    Design doc : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9813
    PR : https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2097

I would like to emphasis first that both features are generic solutions,
not tight to any SDN solution whatsoever.

Regarding network migration support : to anyone interested in this
capability, please review the design doc and/or the PR. The more buy-in we
get to this large amount of work we spent to this, the more appraisal you
give to the guys who spent the work. We hope to get this PR merged in
before end of the year.

Regarding config drive support : as already discussed in the Miami
Collaboration conference in May, this PR gives you fully standard
cloud-init support using the OpenStack configdrive datasource provider and
it works like a charm. We received very positive feedback to this. There
has been discussion about the storage strategy though and people voted for
storing the iso's at primary storage rather than at secondary storage.
There has been further work spent on this by Frank Maximus and there has
been some review of that but i am not sure we still want to include that
change still in 4.11. Frankly my proposal would be we take an incremental
approach and start larger validation cycles for the outstanding PR and
approach further evolution of it in the next release cycle. Open to your
feedback.  In any case I would find it a missed opportunity if config drive
would eventually not find its way into 4.11 at all.  Again, we see great
interest in this.  Potentially we could declare it as experimental support,
to be enabled via an advanced setting - just an idea. In that way more
people get can a sense of how it works and provide feedback. Another item
to notice is that as Nuage team does not have XenServer deployments, we
have no facility to verify the PR with XenServer. Helping out on that would
be appreciated also.

We could do it in two steps indeed. Move to PS in a later stage (if that's doable?).

I would love to take a look at this as I'd love to see this feature in 4.11, but I'm very low on time to actually look at it.

Wido

Thanks,

Kris