Guys,

Khosrow has done a great job here, but we still need to move this forward
and create a standard/guidelines on how to use the official repo. Looking
at the list in [1] we can clearly see that things are messy.  This is a
minor discussion, but in my opinion, we should finish it.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-10169

I will propose the following regarding the use of the official repository.
I will be waiting for your feedback, and then proceed with a vote.

   1. Only maintain the master and major release branches. We currently
   have a system of X.Y.Z.S. I define major release here as a release that
   changes either ((X or Y) or (X and Y));
   2. We will use tags for versioning. Therefore, all versions we release
   are tagged accordingly, including minor and security releases;
   3. When releasing the “SNAPSHOT” is removed and the branch of the
   version is created (if the version is being cut from master). Rule (1) one
   is applied here; therefore, only major releases will receive branches.
   Every release must have a tag in the format X.Y.Z.S. After releasing, we
   bump the pom of the version to next available SNAPSHOT;
   4. If there's a need to fix an old version, we work on HEAD of
   corresponding release branch;
   5. People should avoid using the official apache repository to store
   working branches. If we want to work together on some issues, we can set up
   a fork and give permission to interested parties (the official repository
   is restricted to committers). If one uses the official repository, the
   branch used must be cleaned right after merging;
   6. Branches not following these rules will be removed if they have not
   received attention (commits) for over 6 (six) months.

I think that is all. Do you guys have additions/removals/proposals so we
can move this forward?

--
Rafael Weingärtner