On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 9:05 PM, Khosrow Moossavi
<kmooss...@cloudops.com> wrote:
> Hi Community
>
> I would like to start the discussion around deleting old and obsolete
> branches on github repository. This will help newcomers (including myself)
> to keep track of which branches are important and which are not. And since
> almost everyone's working on their own forks there is no need to keep
> feature/bugfix/hotfix branches around in the main official repository.
>
> I've created an issue which contains full list of branches in
> GH/apache/cloudstack repo as of time of writing this email and the
> proposition of which one of them can be deleted.

> I would appreciate your questions, comments, suggestions.

Do note that there might be branches with unmerged changes, I don't
think we should just automatically delete those without reflecting
over its content.
Although these branch might be stray now, there could be pieces there
that someone else could use at a later point.

As for old feature/fix branches that has been merged, I'm +1 to
cleanup up those.

--
Erik