Make sense for the proposed implementation, would it handle redundant
master?
How would the k8s cluster would be created, using Rancher tools, kubectl or
other?

so far, the small part I understand from MaaS, it could be very interesting
to integrate it to cloudstack in a way where it could be use to  scale
Hypervisor host, specially KVM nodes.