[I posted this earlier on the user list, but it might be more appropriate
here given the new-ness of the flow stuff]

Hey folks --

Total newbie here.  I've been spending the last week getting up to speed on
Cocoon, especially the new flow stuff and how it impacts the action-based
authentication framework.  If flow essentially deprecates actions in
general, what is the proper way to access the authentication framework from
flow?  The petstore sample seems to use its own user database, which would
lead me to believe that the current authentication framework is not intended
to be used with flow?

More specifically, I'm not really looking to restrict access to particular
pages and pipelines, rather I want the user's authentication status and
role(s) to affect the page generation.

cheers,
-steve