Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Carsten, forget beauty of versioning and let's start working on
> cocoon-2.1 HEAD, this will:
>
>   1) reduce effort and duplication
>   2) keep people sane since every commit will have to keep the tree in
> shape (it's entirely possible to implement real blocks with what we
> have, without moving things around, even turning the current static
> blocks into real ones).

This is a very optimistic assumption, which I personally doubt. But,
ok, I can live with doing everything in cocoon-2.1 HEAD, no problem.

I'm absolutely frustrated as well: over the last months people always
said, "Let's get 2.1 out, we want to start 2.2". Now that we can do it,
I'm the only one keeping to it. Great!

Now I can already imagine what will happen. Someday someone checks in
something that is not suitable for a 2.1.x version and then a new
"flame war" against this person will begin.

Ok, agreed. Let's stop the crap and work with the 2.1 repo then.

<joke>
Ah, btw. I will replace ECM with fortress over the weekend. Any problems
with that?
</joke>

Carsten