From: Stefano Mazzocchi

> On Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003, at 22:38 Europe/Rome, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > I would highly recommend steering away from the use of the word
> > certified
> > unless you intend to establish a standards body to oversee
> an official
> > certification process.
>
> Good point. "Supported" sounds less marketing intrusive.
>
> comments?

What happens if we find out that a certain block is not supported any
more (technology outdated, we have a better block, any active
developers) *after* we marked it as supported. The first question I had
was "how long does supported mean"? The former proposed *certified*
relates to a certain point of time without saying something about the
future.

Another point is that Cocoon is open source and nobody can be forced to
support a single line of code ...

Maybe we can find a word that relates to a point of time and does not
have all the meanings "certified" has (see Berin's mail
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=106434951718170&w=2)

Reinhard