On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 08:46 PM, Timothy Larson wrote:

Which solution should I select : Woody or JXForms? FOP or iText? Just look
at the activity to determine the health of a module/block.

Exactly. Of course, no measure is going to be perfect, but something like
this could help. Votes could be used to set the values for the released
and the live meta-info. This would express the intent of the community.
The automatic community data-mining would go hand-in-hand with this to give
a live view of the actual, realized level of community development and support.

This could end up getting divisive, as Stefano suggested before.

In some cases it is a matter of taste, not capability.

For instance, (ignoring the fact Woody is currently going through major review) the choice between say JXForms and Woody is one of which paradigm you prefer, not which one is 'better', because they are both perfectly capable of doing the job well.

I am not sure that 'activity' in itself is an accurate metric. Woody may look more 'active' but that would be because JXForms does not have much work left to do on it.

regards Jeremy