Upayavira wrote:
Geoff Howard wrote:

Berin Loritsch wrote:

Geoff Howard wrote:

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

- no need to have any jars in the CVS repository anymore or at least
only some exotic ones that are not distributed over the web (today
more than 40% of the cocoon cvs space is needed by jars and this is
even more in our zipped distributions)

this is a good point.

JMHO but I hated this feature of maven in trying to get avalon built before I got broadband at home. I downloaded all night and started to build and it had to download a significant amount of new stuff. If we do this, I'd still want to provide an "everything you need" option for download.

Do bear in mind that Maven downloads a number of things itself the first time you use it. Avalon (Framework) has very few dependencies itself

Does it then cache that locally, so that next time it needs it, it has it?

I do a lot of Cocoon development without a 'net connection, so relying on a 'download' feature would be a real pain.

Yes, it does cache IIRC and can be configured to not download in the first place if you already have the dependencies locally. Did I get that right maven gurus?

Geoff