Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

  - no need to have any jars in the CVS repository anymore or at least
    only some exotic ones that are not distributed over the web (today
    more than 40% of the cocoon cvs space is needed by jars and this is
    even more in our zipped distributions)

this is a good point.

JMHO but I hated this feature of maven in trying to get avalon built before I got broadband at home. I downloaded all night and started to build and it had to download a significant amount of new stuff. If we do this, I'd still want to provide an "everything you need" option for download.

Geoff