Upayavira wrote:
1) The most complicated bit I have found in building Cocoon sites is handling Java classes. If deployed in a jar, it always seems to require a server/app restart to take on the changes. For trivial things (e.g. sending a simple email), I wouldn't want to have to get all this Java stuff going.

Then you should:

A) test your classes in isolation _before_ debugging them in Cocoon
B) get yourself a fast machine and with the "cocoon servlet" task, restarting the container is a breeze, especially if you tune your Cocoon to have only the minimum set of blocks needed.

But then again, YMMV ;-)

Ugo

P.S.: by the way, is it possible to restart a context with Jetty like it is with Tomcat, and how?