Unico Hommes wrote:
Nice article!

We do basically the same thing. Note that with MountTableMatcher you no
longer need to patch the cocoon root sitemap.

Why people often say so? There is no need to patch the root sitemap anyway as it is simply trying to mount whatever comes in as request URL on to the filesystem. Just deploy you app as a subdirectory of the webadd directory of Cocoon. Sure, if you need to have your start URL to be the root just copy a different welcome.xml/welcome.xslt over.

It is too bad that Ant does not itself support a pluggable architecture.
Now you end up replicating such a build environment in every new
project.

Use another one instead (Maven, Centipede) that has 'plugins'.

If something changes in cocoon that impacts the build system
you need to update all those separate instances. I started on a Maven
plugin for cocoon some time ago exactly for this reason. But
unfortunately haven't been able to work on it lately. Maybe something
for CTP if that would prove to take off.

We already have such Maven plugins and if CTP will start we sure will contribute.

Regards, Unico