Christopher Oliver wrote:

There is a disadvantage to that approach, however, namely that it creates new WebContinuations when you redisplay the page (i.e. when sendPageAndWait is called again). The approach I suggested reuses the same WebContinuation.

<snip/>

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip/>

I like Vadim's (b) proposal (modify makeWebContinuation to behave same as sendPageAndWait), as it's a simple "manual" way to create GET-able continuations where needed. These continuations can then be passed as view parameters in sendPageAndWait, to produce e.g. hrefs in the view.

And one more thing: makeWebContinuation currently is not consistent. Let's first make it consistent with sendPageAndWait, and all other modifications / additions can happen in addition to this fix. Do we have an agreement on this?

And we can expose it as "createWebContinuation", as Sylvain suggested.

Vadim