Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
> >

> > > Yes, that's true as well - sigh. I thought this context is only
> > > available to tree processor components, but it seems that you're
> > > right and this context is passed down to all components.
> > >

> > The same goes for the ServiceManager. It currently exposes all
> > components within a sitemap container, which means sitemap
> components
> > can potentially access ProcessNodes. We will need some kind of
> > insulation between the nodes and the components. If we do
> it so they
> > run inside separate containers the Context issue will go away too.
> >
> > > Is there any good way to pass down information to the
> different tree
> > > nodes during processing time?
> >
> > Alternatively, since running two different containers may be more
> > expensive -and not absolutely neccesary because ServiceManager
> > isolation can be achieved within the same container - we
> could define
> > a lifecycle extension for ProcessingNodes in order to pass
> in static settings.
> >
> Yes, I thought of that as well, but I think it's not really
> better as any component could implement the lifecycle
> interface as well and get the processor using this route.
> Although it's not as convenient as using the context, I think
> it's not really a difference.
>
> I haven't thought very well about it, but would it really
> work with a separate container for the treeprocessor? Some
> nodes need to lookup sitemap components and the sitemap
> components need to lookup other components. So, I think, this
> only works, if the tree container is a child of the "sitemap
> components"
> container.
> Does this work or do I oversee something?

I haven't thought it all the way through either but I see some
complexity arising now.

For instance in a subsitemap the components container must inherit from
the supersitemaps components container. But the subsitemaps node
container needs to inherit from both the supersitemaps node container
and the subsitemaps component container. This cannot be accomplished by
allowing the subsitemap component container to inherit from the
supersitemap node container because then the subsitemap components would
have access to the supersitemap nodes. Still with me ;-)

It looks as if some kind of multiple container inheritance is needed?

Hmmm.

Unico