Geoff Howard wrote:

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Unico Hommes wrote:

<snip/>

BTW, Unico, I don't know what is your mail software, but it doesn't send the "In-Reply-To" header, which breaks thread views in Mozilla and makes following discussions highly difficult.

I use Outlook. I checked the thread view in Thunderbird but it wasn't a problem there. What client are you using? I may rise to the opportunity to finally exorcise The Evil Empire from controlling my inbox ;-)

Read carefully: "...which breaks thread views in _Mozilla_..." ;-)

Are other people experiencing this also?

Yes, but I was very interested to hear they may have this solved in Thunderbird. I recently happened to look into what headers were being sent by mozilla and outlook and did think it looked like something a reader could solve...

Actually, Unico is not the only one. What I've found is that Mozilla uses the In-Reply-To header whereas Outlook (at least some version) uses "Thread-Topic" and "Thread-Index".

Outlook's headers seem strange to me, as I don't know how a mailer can rebuild a thread tree with just an indentifier for the thread, but no information about the posts relationships.

Sylvain